11.18.2011

picture story: work-in-progress 2.0

Better late than never, right?  Heather and Jack are my subjects.  I'll be working with them for the next several weeks, with the end goal of producing a photo story that is strong and intimate.  For now at least, I'm not going to say much about the story itself, but I'll talk a bit about the shoot and plans from here.

It is great when a subject gets it.  There is always a learning curve for both the photographer and subject when beginning a new story.  That took no time at all here.  This being my first time, I wanted to keep things natural and easy as everyone involved got use to me being there.  The shoot went alright, although I had some flash battery issues - that will teach me to not double check my spares.  I was around for some cleaning, some playtime, bedtime stories, some house maintenance, and an evening walk with the dogs.  Most of these things have a larger significance than they sound, which I'll get into as time progresses.   

I'll be heading back over there Saturday morning for a second shoot before Thanksgiving break, when Heather is heading out of town, and I will be heading home to Ohio for part of it.  Shooting will resume Sunday or Monday after the break.














No comments:

Post a Comment