9.07.2010

Fall Classes and and such.

First off, I'm terrible about blogging. So I made a button in firefox that says "Don't click here" which may actually help me do this more. Here's my fun and exciting webpage I made last week in electronic photojournalism. It's pretty 1998 but still, I made it. And note the spectacular arrow buttons in the slideshow. Yup, made those too.

After a lovely labor day weekend that involved entirely too much labor its off to work on the advanced photo assignment that I put off. It's not that I don't like shooting, I love it, but I perhaps love procrastinating more. That's really not true either, but after the housing horrors of the past two weeks I did need to relax hard some this weekend. Oh what's that? Housing horrors you say?

Well let me begin. It's the end of July. Actually I should begin in January when I fist moved into old 305 1/2 N 8th St and the 21 days it took for me to have heat, hot water, and power all at the same time. But that's another story, so back to July. A hot sweltering July. I've just spent the last six weeks in the Chihuahuan Desert in New Mexico digging in 110 degree temperatures but zero percent humidity. Missouri is raging close to 100 and disgusting percent humidity. My house isn't air conditioned. It smells quite musty as I step through the door.
Two weeks later, in the process of cleaning I discover the reason why. Under my couch mold has completely covered the carpet. Awesome. Call the part-time landlord full-time lawyer, get the answering machine. In fact, that's all I ever get. A week later the carpet cleaners arrive, and the house smells...ok again.
For about three days. I slowly begin to find mold everywhere. On everything. And I clean. And call. And clean. The semester begins, and I am commuting to this house everyday because I have refused to stay there any longer.
Go to craigslist. Find a new place. An awesome place. With A/C. And a dishwasher. And a washer/dryer. And no mold. Move in.
And three days later find that the place is infested with fleas. Now, I will trade a mold infested house for a flea infested house any day of the week. However, I would just once like to try moving into a place and not having a horror story. Our second flea bombing is this week and it is suppose to be healed.
I'm not optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment